Lawyers for Low Range Drink Driving NSW
Low Range Drink Driving is when you drive with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.050 – 0.079.
A person who is convicted of low range drink driving must be be disqualified from driving, except in cases where they obtain a section 10 dismissal or conditional release order.
Under a non conviction order, you plead guilty and the magistrate agrees not to record a criminal conviction against you.
What are the penalties for a first offence?
There is an automatic disqualification period of six months for a first low range drink driving offence.
In order for the offence to be qualified as a first, it is essential that you have not committed a major traffic offence within the last five years.
The six-month period of disqualification can be reduced to three months by the magistrate, and the maximum fine you will be facing is $1,100.
What are the penalties for a second or subsequent offence?
If you have committed a traffic offence within the past five years, you will automatically be disqualified for 12 months for a low range PCA.
This can be reduced to a minimum of six months, with a maximum fine of $1,100.
If the magistrate chooses to grant you a non conviction order, you won’t be convicted, disqualified or fined.
What are the sentencing statistics for low range PCA?
Below are the official statistics for low range drink driving.
The results obtained by our drink driving lawyers are far better than these:
- Total number of cases – 28,382
- Fine and disqualification – 57%
- Section 10 bond (now conditional release order without conviction) – 34%
- Section 10 dismissal – 7%
- Section 10A and disqualification – 1%
- Section 9 bond and disqualification – 1%
- Prison and disqualification – 0%
- Suspended sentence and disqualification – 0%
- Intensive correction order and disqualification – 0%
- Community service order and disqualification – 0%
- Home detention and disqualification – 0%
Sydney Drink Driving Lawyers are offering a free first appointment for your low range drink driving case. Call us today!